xv port not available

Vivia Nikolaidou n.vivia at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 20:54:59 UTC 2017

Hi,

Do you have Xorg running in your virtual machine or is it console
only? If it's console only, it will not work. Try running the "xvinfo"
command to make sure that your X / drivers are installed correctly.

Question, what do you need to implement? If you don't need to display
video on the screen and just need to write into a file or stream it
somewhere, it might not be worth installing X just for this test. If
you want to check whether video can be displayed but don't want to
have X running, you can try with aasink or cacasink - they'll use
ASCII art on your console.

Best regards,

Vivia