Good DVB stream with mpegtsmux

Antonio Jesús Díaz Honrubia antonioj.diazhonrubia at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 08:56:58 UTC 2017

Hello again,

Well, I have been doing some tests. I tried to save the TS in a file and
fed it to ffprobe, which said that the timestamps are incorrect (PTS < DTS,
what has no sense):

[mpegts @ 0x3854120] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=324002999,
dts=324008999, size=4040
[mpegts @ 0x3854120] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=324009000,
dts=324011999, size=4042
[mpegts @ 0x3854120] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=324014999,
dts=324020999, size=3925
[mpegts @ 0x3854120] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=324020999,
dts=324023999, size=4048
[mpegts @ 0x3854120] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=324027000,
dts=324032999, size=4050
[mpegts @ 0x3854120] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=324032999,
dts=324035999, size=3886
[mpegts @ 0x3854120] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=324038999,
dts=324044999, size=4019
[mpegts @ 0x3854120] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=324045000,
dts=324047999, size=3891
[mpegts @ 0x3854120] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=324050999,
dts=324056999, size=3927
[mpegts @ 0x3854120] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=324056999,
dts=324059999, size=3865
[mpegts @ 0x3854120] Invalid timestamps stream=0, pts=324063000,
dts=324068999, size=3910

Then I tried to save the raw H.264 video, removing the muxer from pipeline
and fed that file to ffprobe and, this time, it does not say anything about
timestamps. So, I guess that the mpegtsmux is restamping the stream and it
is doing it in a wrong way. Do you think this is possible? Is there any
known bug about this?

Best regards,
Antonio.