xv port not available

Vivia Nikolaidou n.vivia at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 21:35:31 UTC 2017

Hi Tatiana,

Refer to the Ubuntu documentation about how to install the default
desktop environment (do they still use Unity nowadays? I don't know
what the package name should be in any case?). Start the desktop
environment, log in graphically, open a console in there, and then it
should work out of the box.

I *think* that the package you want to install is simply called
ubuntu-desktop , but I might be wrong.

Best regards,

Vivia