Handling of QoS in a BaseTransform subclass

Jimmy De Pauw jimmy at dcode.eu
Mon Dec 18 10:00:21 UTC 2017

Hello,

I have been creating my own plugin using GstBaseTransform as the parent class.
It works find but now i want to handle the QoS in my tranform method to know if i have to drop the buffer or not.

I can see that BaseTransform already listen to QoS event on its sink and set some properties in its priv structure.
I would like to have access to the earliest_time property from my own transform method but i don’t know how to do it, if it is possible at all.
It sounds like i have no access to it at all.

Looking at the videoconvert source code i don’t see how it handles QoS eventl.

What is the proper way of using what is already there in the BaseTransform class to handle QoS on my own subclass?

Thanks