Handling of QoS in a BaseTransform subclass

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Mon Dec 18 14:24:00 UTC 2017

Le 18 déc. 2017 5:10 AM, "Jimmy De Pauw" <jimmy at dcode.eu> a écrit :

Hello,

I have been creating my own plugin using GstBaseTransform as the parent
class.
It works find but now i want to handle the QoS in my tranform method to
know if i have to drop the buffer or not.

I can see that BaseTransform already listen to QoS event on its sink and
set some properties in its priv structure.
I would like to have access to the earliest_time property from my own
transform method but i don’t know how to do it, if it is possible at all.
It sounds like i have no access to it at all.

Looking at the videoconvert source code i don’t see how it handles QoS
eventl.

It's entirely handled by the base class.  But you can catch the event on
your srcpad, there is virtual functions for that.

What is the proper way of using what is already there in the BaseTransform
class to handle QoS on my own subclass?

Thanks