Handling of QoS in a BaseTransform subclass

Jimmy De Pauw jimmy at dcode.eu
Mon Dec 18 15:51:14 UTC 2017

> On 18 Dec 2017, at 15:24, Nicolas Dufresne <nicolas at ndufresne.ca> wrote:
>

> Le 18 déc. 2017 5:10 AM, "Jimmy De Pauw" <jimmy at dcode.eu <mailto:jimmy at dcode.eu>> a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I have been creating my own plugin using GstBaseTransform as the parent class.
> It works find but now i want to handle the QoS in my tranform method to know if i have to drop the buffer or not.
>
> I can see that BaseTransform already listen to QoS event on its sink and set some properties in its priv structure.
> I would like to have access to the earliest_time property from my own transform method but i don’t know how to do it, if it is possible at all.
> It sounds like i have no access to it at all.
>
> Looking at the videoconvert source code i don’t see how it handles QoS eventl.
>
> It's entirely handled by the base class.  But you can catch the event on your srcpad, there is virtual functions for that.

After reading the source code for BaseTransform this was my initial impression. It does work as intended in python.
Therefore there must be something wrong with my C because every frame are processed regardless of how long it takes and the buffer in transform_ip does not have any flags set.

I made sure QoS was enabled by using the following in my init
gst_base_transform_set_qos_enabled(GST_BASE_TRANSFORM(filter), TRUE);

What could i check to determine the problem?