error involving 'ksvideo'...? newbie question sorry

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Fri Dec 22 13:34:47 UTC 2017

Le 22 déc. 2017 4:40 AM, "pangit_ako" <hamburgerstephen at gmail.com> a écrit :

Greetings,

  I am new to GStreamer...please excuse my ignorance...I am trying to learn
this as quickly as I am able.  I have the program(s) installed (Windows
Vista) and have fired up the command line.  I type the following 'test'
pipeline...and it works just fine:

gst-launch-1.0.exe videotestsrc ! autovideosink

 This also works fine when I change the properties to 'snow', 'ball',
'red'...etc...

  However when I attempt to use my webcam (by using 'autovideosrc'), I get
an error of which I'm not exactly sure to what it is referring...here is the
command followed by the output generated from GStreamer:

gst-launch-1.0 autovideosrc ! video/x-raw,width=640,height=480 ! jpegenc !
rtpjpegpay ! udpsink host=127.0.0.1 port=5200

The type for jpeg is image/jpeg,... The little oops is that you pass
video/x-raw, that results in not-negotiated error.

"setting pipeline to PAUSED...
"pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL...
ERROR from element
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAutoVideoSrc:autovideosrc0/
GstKsVideoSrc:autovideosrc0-actual-src-ksvide:
internal data stream error.
Additional debug info:
gstbasesrc.c(2939):
gst-base-src-loop():/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAutoVideoSrc:autovideosrc0/
GstKsVideoSrc:autovideosrc0-actual-video-src-ksvide:
streaming stoppped, reason not-negotiated (-4)
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll...
Setting pipeline to PAUSED...
Setting pipeline to READY...
Setting pipleine to NULL...
Freeing pipeline..."

 My system is an Acer TM 5720 laptop...Windows Vista OS...I know my built-in
webcam (Acer Crystal Eye) is functioning...because it seems to work without
any problems in other applications...so it is not the webcam or a driver
issue.  I seem to see this same error message no matter what I use as a
'src' element...?  It is possible this is an OS problem (perhaps MS Vista is
not supported)...???

  Any insight about what the problem might be would be greatly
appreciated...again remember I'm new to GStreamer so I apologize in advance.
Regards.