error involving 'ksvideo'...? newbie question sorry

pangit_ako hamburgerstephen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 22:29:21 UTC 2017

Greetings,

  I thank you for the reply...I believe I understand where I made the
mistake...I had copied that code from another website and did not take
adequate notice that the author on that site was grabbing screen images to
stream...

  However I seem to get the same exact error using this, greatly simplified
code...?

gst-launch-1.0 autovideosrc ! autovideosink

  I don't imagine a pipeline can get much simpler than this...it still seems
to reference the 'ksvideosrc' and displays the same error message feedback
as in my original post...any idea what might cause that?

  I believe the 'autovideosrc' element should enable usage of my built-in
webcam...if I'm not mistaken.

thanks in advance...regards