appsrc, timestamp and filesink

Walter Lucetti myzhar at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 13:46:03 UTC 2017

What I did was printing out the timestamp for the buffer at each "push
frame" event... and effectively the timestamps were wrong: at the end of a
10 seconds recording I got about 5 seconds of time stamp.

What I noticed is that my source has not a stable fps, varying from 30 fps
to 25 fps...

I thought to use std::chrono to calculate the time elapsed from one push to
the next and use the "real" timestamp setting do-timestamp to false.

Is there a more clever way to do this?

--
Walter Lucetti

email: myzhar at gmail.com