wayland/weston 1.9.0 and glimagesingk gstreamer wayland sink query with i.MX6

Vikas Patil vikasmpatil at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 13:58:10 UTC 2017

Dear All,

When I run simple video application (which pause and play gstreamer
pipeline continuously) based on following pipeline [1] with  weston 1.9.0  and
glimagesink (part of gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad 1.6.0 package) on i.MX6 based
platform and Linux 4.1 without exporting (export
XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/var/run/root/1000) then it works fine and runs as long as
I want.

However when I export (export XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/var/run/root/1000) and run
the test application after some loopback it gives segmentation fault in GPU
driver. I would like to know what difference does it make if I export
XDG_RUNTIME_DIR or not? Why the different behavior?

[1] gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=/home/root/VIDEO.MP4 typefind=true !
video/quicktime ! aiurdemux ! queue max-size-time=0 ! vpudec frame-plus=1
frame-drop=false ! glimagesink

Regards,

Vikash