v4l2src on imx6 board

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 12:45:15 UTC 2017

On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 10:33 AM, 张若 <zr92zr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Previously, I was working on camera video streaming on imx6 board with
> "imxv4l2videosrc" as source element. The drawback is that the
> "imxv4l2videosrc" can only afford specific 6 resolutions.
> However, now I need to have more other customized resolutions. Then I am
> thinkling about using the "v4l2src" to support more flexible resolutions.
> BUT the v4l2src is not working and always showing errors.
>
> If the "v4l2src" is capable to use on imx6 board?
> Is there any conflicts between "imxv4l2src" and "v4l2src"?

imxv4l2src should be used with the NXP provided kernel.

v4l2src should be used with mainline kernel + mainline Gstreamer.

There is a recent series from Steve Longerbeam (still under
review/rework) that adds support for the camera capture on mx6 running
kernel 4.10-rc:
https://github.com/slongerbeam/mediatree/tree/imx-media-staging-md-v9

I was able to test his series with Gstreamer 1.10.2 using the standard
v4l2src plugin.