Question about GstRTSPAuth and GstRTSPServer

Oscar Forner Martinez oscar.forner at vcatechnology.com
Thu Feb 9 15:58:48 UTC 2017

Hi,

I want to use basic authentication with an RTSP server. For that I found
in the documentation how to do it using the GstRTSPAuth and
GstRTSPServer. However, the GstRTSPAuth requires a username and
password. Is there a way to use a digest of the password like it is done
in web servers with the .htpasswd files instead of providing the
username and password?

I am asking because this would force me to store the password in plain
text in order to use it in the GstRTSPAuth.

Thank you in advance.

Oscar