Dynamic Pipelines: Unable to read video file

ltramart ludovic.tramart at acteongroup.com
Thu Feb 9 12:28:42 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

I have some trouble with dynamic pipeline. I have so far been unsuccessfull
to resolve it.

I am using an imx6 solution with gstreamer 0.10.

I have a main live pipeline used to catch snapshot of video then 3 bin: the
first one is just to encode the video in h264, the 2nd one to stream it
using udpsink, the 3rd one to save it on a usb device using filesink. Bin2
and Bin3 need Bin 1. Bin 1 is created whenever Bin 2 or/and 3 is/are needed.

When i record a video using Bin1 and 3 it works fine.
When i stream a video using Bin1 and 2 it works fine.
When i record a video using Bin1 and 3, then activate stream using Bin2 it
works fine.
When i stream a video using Bin1 and 2, then activate video rec using Bin3,
stream still works fine but the recorded video is uncorrect. I get a
correctly formated avi file with just *black screen*...

The only way I have succeeded to make it works was to set my pipeline to
RESET_STATE prior to attach my Rec Bin 3 then back to PLAYING_STATE but then
my stream gets interrupted for few secs...

Attached is the structure of my pipeline.

I am open to any suggestion...

Thanks for your help

<http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/file/n4681780/09Feb2017105830.png>