Dynamic Pipelines: Unable to read video file

Dimitrios Katsaros patcherwork at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 15:35:44 UTC 2017

Are you running the dynamic pipeline in your own app? when you change the
pipeline layout you need to do a latency renegotiation to correct any added
delay that an extended branch may add. Look at this for an idea on how to
do it correctly:

https://github.com/GStreamer/gstreamer/blob/master/tools/gst-launch.c#L746

Doing the recalculation after the latency query is generally important to
ensure that the pipeline has been configured correctly and a new latency
calculation is possible. Make sure you are receiving the message on the bus!

If you are doing this at runtime it will cause a hickup in the stream for
the new latency to take effect. If you want to avoid this you should
instead manually increase the latency my enough so that after adding
elements the pipeline will still have enough time to process the incoming
data.

Dimitrios