Video playback freezes/hangs with "<opensles_ringbuffer> No segment available"

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Thu Feb 9 20:12:15 UTC 2017

Le jeudi 09 février 2017 à 01:12 -0800, lucky chou a écrit :
> Hi,
> I have a HLS stream that always gets stuck in a random location.
> gst-launch-1.0 playbin
> uri=http://10.9.44.131/a012c3d1-1d3c-4b79-bdd2-0c6dd16aba3b/index.m3u
> 8
> I tested on PC and Android, always can reproduce on Android(GStreamer
> 1.8,1.10.1.11),and each time it stops at the following line log
> ---------
> 01-01 10:58:44.084 30006 30357 W : [openslesringbuffer.c:544]
> <opensles_ringbuffer> No segment available
> ---------

OpenSLES is the library used to playback audio using native code on
Android. This error is a bit cryptic to me, so I wont comment much. You
may find the associated code in:

  gst-plugins-bad/sys/opensles/openslesringbuffer.c

It's possible this error case is not handled properly. In such pipeline
it's likely the clock is driven by the flow of data in that ring
buffer.

You may also try your luck with using the system clock.

  gst_pipeline_use_clock (pipeline, gst_system_clock_obtain ());