Problem with mp4 (x264) when using effects (agingtv) plugin

bojan74 bojan.flander at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 20:16:55 UTC 2017

This works ok - I see agingtv effect in window that opened because of
autovideosink:
videotestsrc -> capsfilter -> queue1 -> videoconvert1 -> agingtv ->
videoconvert2 -> queue2 -> autovideosink

This works ok - I get mp4 file but here I don't have agingtv effect:
videotestsrc -> capsfilter -> queue1 -> videoconvert1 -> videoconvert2 ->
queue2 -> x264enc -> h264parse -> mp4mux -> filesink

I know it is nonsense to have two times videoconvert above but I put it just
to have minimal diff with next pipeline.

This pipeline (added agingtv) gives me black video that does not play
(nothing happens when click play) but length of video is correct and I can
click on any time slider position:
videotestsrc -> capsfilter -> queue1 -> videoconvert1 -> *agingtv* ->
videoconvert2 -> queue2 -> x264enc -> h264parse -> mp4mux -> filesink

Any idea why agingtv (similar is with gaussianblur) cause that video is
black and can't be played?
Do I have to set any additional setting?