Problem with mp4 (x264) when using effects (agingtv) plugin

Jan Schmidt thaytan at noraisin.net
Mon Feb 13 13:16:30 UTC 2017

On 13/02/17 07:16, bojan74 wrote:
> This works ok - I see agingtv effect in window that opened because of
> autovideosink:
> videotestsrc -> capsfilter -> queue1 -> videoconvert1 -> agingtv ->
> videoconvert2 -> queue2 -> autovideosink
>
> This works ok - I get mp4 file but here I don't have agingtv effect:
> videotestsrc -> capsfilter -> queue1 -> videoconvert1 -> videoconvert2 ->
> queue2 -> x264enc -> h264parse -> mp4mux -> filesink
>
> I know it is nonsense to have two times videoconvert above but I put it just
> to have minimal diff with next pipeline.
>
> This pipeline (added agingtv) gives me black video that does not play
> (nothing happens when click play) but length of video is correct and I can
> click on any time slider position:
> videotestsrc -> capsfilter -> queue1 -> videoconvert1 -> *agingtv* ->
> videoconvert2 -> queue2 -> x264enc -> h264parse -> mp4mux -> filesink

gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc num-buffers=100  ! queue ! videoconvert !
agingtv ! videoconvert ! x264enc ! h264parse ! mp4mux ! filesink
location=test.mp4

This creates a working file for me with gstreamer git master. What are
you using for your capsfilter?

> Any idea why agingtv (similar is with gaussianblur) cause that video is
> black and can't be played?

No obvious reason. You can try running with GST_DEBUG=3 and see if any
errors / warnings are emitted.

If you're still having trouble, put a sample video online somewhere for
us to look at.

Regards,
Jan.