Is better use a plugin or appsrc API?

Baby Octopus jagadishkamathk at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 17:33:11 UTC 2017

I would do something like this without building any custom plugin

multifilesrc ! jpegdec ! x264enc ! mp4mux ! filesink

1. Name the file sequentially so that multifilesrc can read it one after the
other
2. Attach a pad probe for GstBuffer on x264enc's sink pad. Change the buffer
PTS with what you read from the text file in your application(I assume each
jpeg has only a single frame. If it has multiple frames, it could get
slightly complicated!)

Hope that helps

~BO