Need Help to send GStreamer H264/AAC packets to Wowza Streaming Engine

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Tue Feb 21 15:32:18 UTC 2017

Le mardi 21 février 2017 à 15:14 +0100, Nicolas Castillejos a écrit :
> I'm trying to repacketize data coming from Gstreamer (AppSink buffers) before sending it to Wowza.
> Threre is a description of Wowza Packets requirements on this page: http://www.wowza.com/resources/serverapi/4.5.0/com/wowza/wms/stream/publish/Publisher.html.

AMF is a well known format. It's called Adobe Media Format and is the
packetization used to produce FLV. All this looks like some different
way of doing RTMP, any reason not to use RTMP instead ?

> And I need for Video Packets to know the type of frame (Key, P or B) to set it in the Wowza header.
> I've found that when the buffer flag has its GST_BUFFER_FLAG_DELTA_UNIT bit to 1, it is not a key frame. But I don't know if it's a P or B Frame.
> Is There a way to know it ?

You would have to parse the bitstream and this is format dependant.
Though, if it's not a delta, it's a keyframe. AMF packetization does
not require this information though.

Nicolas