UDP Stream from file throws error for everything but BGRA at certain resolution

fearlessszk fearlessszk at hotmail.co.jp
Wed Jan 11 15:47:48 UTC 2017

I have a small Big Buck Bunny sample encoded as h264 - MPEG-4 AVC at 1280x720
25fps in YUV format.

I am streaming this through shmsink and reading out using shmsrc and my
pipelines are as follows for semi-successful playback in VLC:

Source:
sudo gst-launch-1.0 -v filesrc
location=/home/me/files/Snowmix-0.5.1/test/big_buck_bunny_720p_H264_AAC_25fps_3400K.MP4
! decodebin ! shmsink socket-path=/tmp/feed1-control-pipe shm-size=10000000
wait-for-connection=0

Output:
sudo gst-launch-1.0 shmsrc socket-path=/tmp/feed1-control-pipe
do-timestamp=true is-live=true ! 'video/x-raw, format=BGRA, width=640,
height=480, framerate=24/1' ! videoconvert ! x264enc ! mpegtsmux ! udpsink
host=192.168.78.10 port=4012 sync=true

When I say 'semi-successful playback' I mean that playback occurs but
happens in greyscale with multiple different squares of playback on screen
which tells me there's a format issue.

Changing the width and height on the output pipeline to the 1280 x 720
resolution of the video spits out this error continuously:
Additional debug info:
gstvideofilter.c(292): gst_video_filter_transform ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstVideoConvert:videoconvert0:
invalid video buffer received
WARNING: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstVideoConvert:videoconvert0:
Internal GStreamer error: code not implemented.  Please file a bug at
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer.
Additional debug info:
gstvideofilter.c(292): gst_video_filter_transform ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstVideoConvert:videoconvert0:
invalid video buffer received
WARNING: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstVideoConvert:videoconvert0:
Internal GStreamer error: code not implemented.  Please file a bug at
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer.

and changing the format from BGRA to I420 causes a solid green playback
screen. Everything else simply fails with:
WARNING: erroneous pipeline: could not link shmsrc0 to videoconvert0

With my video file, how do I correctly stream to shmsink, then receive from
shmsrc to stream to UDP?