Audio stalling when using Opus to send audio to Raspberry Pi 3

zacattackcit zacattackcit at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 16:35:09 UTC 2017

Sebastian--

I finally got around to testing this on previous versions of GStreamer.  I
tested 1.9.2, 1.8.0, and 1.4.4 (both compiled from source and from the
Raspbian deb files).  The issue was present in all versions tested, so
doesn't look like a regression after all!  I must have just missed it
before.

Adding an rtpjitterbuffer helps, but eventually (sometimes after minutes)
the audio cuts out permanently, with log messages similar to those I posted
above.  I tried changing various properties on the rtpjitterbuffer, but none
completely resolved the issue for me.

I don't care so much about occasional audio crackles, but I don't want the
pipeline to stall completely.  Is there something else I can add to my
pipeline that will prevent this?  Or failing that, something that will
restart things when the audio gets stalled?

Thanks!