need advice: saving some portions of a video stream

Ram Bhamidipaty ram at ramandgita.com
Sun Jan 15 18:00:04 UTC 2017

Hi,

I am looking for advice on how to save small portions of a video stream.

I have a basic security cam application - and I want to save some
portions of

of the output stream. I can currently process the input video stream and
send it

to a motion detection processor, and I can save the full video stream to
disk as

a Transport Stream.

Instead - what I would like to do is only save the video when motion is
detected,

something like one minute before and three minutes after motion is
detected.

I was thinking about modifying the mpegtsmux or maybe the filesing
plugin.  Or

perhaps there is some better way. Suggestions are welcome.

Thank you for any input.

-Ram