Not able to use downstream (kmssink) bufferpool in omx decoder component

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Tue Jan 17 18:32:08 UTC 2017

Le dimanche 15 janvier 2017 à 05:06 -0800, Devarsh Thakkar a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I am using below pipeline :
>
> /gst-launch-1.0 ! filesrc <input_file> ! h264parse ! omxh264dec ! kmssink/
>
> After inserting some debug messages (after gst_is_kms_memory() in kmssink
> code) i got to know that omxh264dec doesn't use downstream i.e kmssink
> bufferpool,

That is exact. This was never implemented as no-one had access to an
OMX component that supported doing so. A component that supports that
would implement UseBuffer method on the output port. If your component
supports it, and the color format and strides are compatible, then it
would be a great opportunity to enhance gst-omx.