gstreamer-vaapi

Víctor M. Jáquez L. vjaquez at igalia.com
Tue Jan 17 16:43:19 UTC 2017

On 01/17/17 at 11:06am, Nick Kallen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’m trying to get gstreamer-vaapi installed on an Amazon ec2 GPU instance.
> When I installed gstreamer on an Ubuntu AMI through apt-get, all gstreamer
> decoding and encoding commands gave me an error like 'gstreamer-vaapi
> cannot load library’ (I forget the exact error message). vainfo errored
> that I didn’t have an x-server running.

The first thing would be to get working vainfo. What kind of GPU does Amazon
provide? VAAPI works well on Intel GPUs and some other GPU using the gallium
drivers.

vainfo should work without an X server running, just it warns about it.

If vainfo doesn't work, which is the most basic libva tool, gstreamer-vaapi
won't work either.

vmjl