rtsp and rtmp streams from gstreamer using raspivid

mahendra0203 mahendra0203 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 19:53:39 UTC 2017

Hi,

   I am trying to stream rtsp and rtmp stream simultaneously on a raspberry
pi using gst-rtsp-server and nginx-rtmp. The setup I am using is something
like this. I need rtsp and hls streams from a single camera. So the below
mentioned is the easiest way I could implement it.

raspivid -t 0 -h 720 -w 1080 -fps 15 -b 2000000 -ih -pf high -o - | tee
>(/home/pi/rtsp/gst-rtsp-server/server-exec "( fdsrc typefind=true
do-timestamp=true ! h264parse ! rtph264pay name=pay0 pt=96 )")
>(gst-launch-1.0 fdsrc typefind=true do-timestamp=true ! h264parse ! flvmux
! rtmpsink location='rtmp://127.0.0.1:1935/myapp/live live=1')  >>
/dev/null

When either rtsp or rtmp pieplines are piped individually to raspivid it
works fine.

 But when they are combined using tee, rtmp/hls stream works only if rtsp
stream is active, some client should be receiving an rtsp stream, for
rtmp/hls stream to work.  Rtsp stream doesn't have such an issue.

After checking the logs I could see that raspivid would send data to pipe
only if rtsp stream is active.

I am sure there is some basic and obvious linux/gstreamer setting which I am
missing here. But, I haven't figured it out yet. And help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Mahendra Naik