rtsp and rtmp streams from gstreamer using raspivid

mahendra0203 mahendra0203 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 22:26:57 UTC 2017

Hi,
   Still the issue persists, I can't run both rtmp and rtsp streams in a tee
command.

 If I replace the rtsp-server command with a tcpserversink or udpsink. I can
view both rtmp and gdp streams clearly. The issues occurs only while using
gst-rtsp-server in a unix tee.

For now this works,

raspivid -t 0 -h 720 -w 1080 -fps 15 -b 2000000 -ih -pf high -o - |
/home/pi/rtsp/gst-rtsp-server/server-exec "( fdsrc typefind=true
do-timestamp=true ! h264parse ! rtph264pay name=pay0 pt=96 )"

The above command generates a rtsp stream , then a seperate gstreamer client
transcodes this stream to rtmp , something like

gst-launch-1.0 rtspsrc location=rtsp://127.0.0.1:8554/video-testing- !
rtph264depay ! flvmux ! rtmpsink
location='rtmp://127.0.0.1:8907/showvideo/live live=1'

This setup works fine , but it consumes lot more system resources.
Is there a better and efficient way to do RTSP and HLS stream  ? I could
really use some inputs here.

Thanks and Regards,
Mahendra Naik