Hardware decoding on android using GStreamer

ivan-perez ivan at encore-lab.com
Fri Jan 20 09:21:33 UTC 2017

Hi Sebastian

I'm having trouble with searching for the right pipeline to decode a H264
video on my phone. I think the problem is very similar to the explained on
this thread, so I decided to post right here instead of opening a new one.

This is the media_codecs.xml file: http://pastebin.com/9KxHDpE3

And this is what I get on the error logs when I use
`amcviddec-omxgoogleh264decoder` or
`amcviddec-omxmarvellvideohwcoda7542decoder` (on the mobile screen I get
"GStreamer encountered a general supporting library error"):
http://pastebin.com/raw/H5FDiqTQ

Can you please help to decide what is the right element for amcviddec-XXX
given the XML from my Android phone?

Thank you in advance!