Hardware decoding on android using GStreamer

Matthew Waters ystreet00 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 12:17:23 UTC 2017

On 20/01/17 20:21, ivan-perez wrote:
> Hi Sebastian
>
> I'm having trouble with searching for the right pipeline to decode a H264
> video on my phone. I think the problem is very similar to the explained on
> this thread, so I decided to post right here instead of opening a new one.
>
> This is the media_codecs.xml file: http://pastebin.com/9KxHDpE3
>
> And this is what I get on the error logs when I use
> `amcviddec-omxgoogleh264decoder` or
> `amcviddec-omxmarvellvideohwcoda7542decoder` (on the mobile screen I get
> "GStreamer encountered a general supporting library error"):
> http://pastebin.com/raw/H5FDiqTQ

It seems your setup isn't quite right as GStreamer cannot find it's own
java files as indicated by:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "org/freedesktop/gstreamer/androidmedia/GstAmcOnFrameAvailableListener" on path:

> Can you please help to decide what is the right element for amcviddec-XXX
> given the XML from my Android phone?

amcviddec-omxmarvellvideohwcoda7542 should be the right element to use.
I would suggest using decodebin or playbin to avoid hardcoding the
element name.

Cheers
-Matt