About Freescale i.MX6Q VPU codec simultaneously

qqk qqk_qqk at 163.com
Mon Jan 23 03:10:36 UTC 2017

Hi, everyone.

I have posted this topic on NXP community.
The website is :
https://community.nxp.com/message/868167

BUT nobody can answer it.
So  I post it here for help.

Hello,
I have a question about VPU codec on IMX6Q.

First, a MP4 file is loaded into memmory, then it is be demuxed to the H264.
After that, we get the input H264 data. OK, now we need doing 3 things
simultaneously.
1. H264 is send to VPU, then VPU decodes it to YUV. YUV is send to IPU or
G2D for display.
2. At the same time, H264 is also send to VPU for re-encoding to a new H264
file.
3. At the same time, H264 is also send to a remote PC for RTP/UDP streaming
simultaneously.

I use Gstreamer to finish that. the GST commond is :
gst-launch-1.0  -v filesrc location=`pwd`/base.mp4 ! qtdemux ! h264parse !
tee name=tt tt. ! queue2 ! rtph264pay ! udpsink host=192.168.1.110 port=5000
tt. ! queue2 ! imxvpudec ! tee name=t t. ! queue2 ! imxg2dvideosink t. !
queue2 ! imxvpuenc_h264 bitrate=10240 ! filesink location=new.h264

Now , we found that the IMX6Q has not a smooth play of the MP4 file on the
LCD by using IPU or G2D. but the remote PC can play smoothly by using
RTP/UDP.
How can I optimize that ?

thanks!