Appsink halts pipeline

john.ocallaghan at accenture.com john.ocallaghan at accenture.com
Tue Jan 24 09:44:42 UTC 2017

Hi Luca

Looking at the appsink plugin page I see that it has a “drop” capability that defaults to FALSE. This means that the appsink will hold that first frame in its buffer until you ask for it (gst_app_sink_try_pull_sample) and will signal back up the pipeline that no other frames should be sent. You can try setting the drop cap to TRUE and this should then start to drop all those frames as they come through.

At least that’s my understanding of how it works.
Hope that helps
John

Accenture Global Solutions Limited, 3 Grand Canal Plaza, Grand Canal Street Upper, Dublin 4
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Communications with Accenture or any of its group companies (“Accenture”), including telephone calls and e-mails, may be monitored by our systems for quality control and/or evidential purposes. Accenture does not accept service by e-mail of court proceedings, other processes or formal notices of any kind. Private company limited by shares registered in Ireland, Number 554978