Appsink halts pipeline

luca101 luca000101 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 22:23:18 UTC 2017

Hello John,

Thanks a lot for your reply! I already tried some combinations of settings
for appsink (like drop=TRUE) but it still halts after the first frame or 2.

I put the pipeline into a test program but I got the same results.

//Configure appsink
*g_object_set (G_OBJECT (appsink), "emit-signals", TRUE, "drop", TRUE,
"sync", FALSE, "throttle-time", 0, "max-buffers", 5, "wait-on-eos", FALSE,
"eos", FALSE, "qos", TRUE, NULL);
*

//Connect signal "new-sample" to function new_sample()
*g_signal_connect (appsink, "new-sample", G_CALLBACK(new_sample), NULL);
*

//Function new_sample()
*static void new_sample (GstElement *appsink, gpointer user_data) {
  GstSample *sample=NULL;
  g_signal_emit_by_name (appsink, "pull-sample", &sample, NULL);
}*

I'm still trying to solve this problem and appreciate any ideas.

Cheers,

-Luca