About Freescale i.MX6Q VPU codec simultaneously

qqk qqk_qqk at 163.com
Thu Jan 26 14:13:23 UTC 2017

First, use queue, not queue2. queue2 is overkill for this, and typically
used for network buffering.

----------------------------------
OK, I'll try to use queue.

Second, try what happens if you put base.mp4 in tmpfs (meaning it is
placed in RAM) and also write new.h264 to tmpfs. The idea here is to
rule out I/O as a bottleneck.

--------------------------------
I've tried to put base.mp4 to tmpfs, and write new.h264 to tmpfs, buf the
result is as the same as before.  So I think that I/O is not a bottleneck.

Third, what happens if you set sync=false in imxg2dvideosink?

--------------------------------
OK, I've  got a smooth play of the base.mp4 after setting sync=false in imxg2dvideosink,
but I found that the playing time(33 seconds) is longer than the normal(30 seconds).
We can't stand the latency.

Now I'm trying to use mxc_vpu_test demonstration example to optimize this, I think
some memory copys happened in Gstreamer, so it should be OK if I avoid memory copys, espically
the decoded YUV data.
I'll use only a thread to run VPU encodec and decode. If I have some good result, I'll show you.
I am not working in company, because a New Year in China. and Happy New Year to you.

--

夫君子之行,静以修身,俭以养德。

On 2017-01-23 04:10, qqk wrote:

> Hi, everyone.
>
> I have posted this topic on NXP community.
> The website is :
> https://community.nxp.com/message/868167
>
> BUT nobody can answer it.
> So  I post it here for help.

> Hello,
> I have a question about VPU codec on IMX6Q.
>
> First, a MP4 file is loaded into memmory, then it is be demuxed to the H264.
> After that, we get the input H264 data. OK, now we need doing 3 things
> simultaneously.
> 1. H264 is send to VPU, then VPU decodes it to YUV. YUV is send to IPU or
> G2D for display.
> 2. At the same time, H264 is also send to VPU for re-encoding to a new H264
> file.
> 3. At the same time, H264 is also send to a remote PC for RTP/UDP streaming
> simultaneously.
>
> I use Gstreamer to finish that. the GST commond is :
> gst-launch-1.0  -v filesrc location=`pwd`/base.mp4 ! qtdemux ! h264parse !
> tee name=tt tt. ! queue2 ! rtph264pay ! udpsink host=192.168.1.110 port=5000
> tt. ! queue2 ! imxvpudec ! tee name=t t. ! queue2 ! imxg2dvideosink t. !
> queue2 ! imxvpuenc_h264 bitrate=10240 ! filesink location=new.h264
>

> Now , we found that the IMX6Q has not a smooth play of the MP4 file on the
> LCD by using IPU or G2D. but the remote PC can play smoothly by using
> RTP/UDP.
> How can I optimize that ?
>
> thanks!
>

> --

http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/About-Freescale-i-MX6Q-VPU-codec-simultaneously-tp4681586p4681631.html
To unsubscribe from About Freescale i.MX6Q VPU codec simultaneously, click here.
NAML