Raw audio MPEG TS streaming

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Sun Jul 2 14:22:31 UTC 2017

Le 2 juil. 2017 8:00 AM, "Charles Chen - Contractor" <chchen at actiontec.com>
a écrit :

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I am afraid we don't have option to use RTP
plugin directly because we are RTSP server application based on GStreamer's
RTSP server library (gst-rtsp-server). Our ultimate goal is to feed raw PCM
or LPCM audio into mpegtxmux and rtpmp2tpay. Currently there is no existing
plugin to connect raw PCM audio to mpegtxmux.

Gst-rtsp-server gives you complete control over the rtp payload format. Of
course, you might have other reason to use MPEG ts over RTP.

When you say PCM encoder what kind of plugin is the best to implement? Is
there a template that we could use, or can we use appsrc appsink method to
achieve this?

I meant writing an element/plugin that derives from GstAudioEncoder base
class. If I remember, lpcm have special ordering and some headers that need
to be inserted. This could also be implement directly in mpegtsmux,
considering its kind of specific.

Thanks again,

Charles