the current documentation is very wrong

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Sun Jul 9 00:08:00 UTC 2017

Le 8 juil. 2017 2:30 PM, "Andres Gonzalez" <andres.agoralabs at gmail.com> a
écrit :

Hi,

The current documentation for GStreamer Base Plugins 1.0 (1.12.1) regarding
rawvideoparse is obviously incorrect. The description section talks about
video but all of the rest of the page, Properties, Values and Types, Object
Hierarchy, Functions, Property Details, etc, is about audio.

Please, file a bug at bug.gnome.org.

In addition, I am confused about rawvideoparse vs. videoparse.
gst-inspect-1.0 does not show rawvideoparse but does show videoparse. The
documentation only shows entries for the rawvideoparse and not videoparse.
rawvideoparse is also shown in the documentation for GStreamer Bad Plugins
1.0 (1.12.1) but this link very incomplete and appears that its inclusion in
the Bad Plugins is incorrect.

Mention this in the bug. The plugin was moved to -good from -bad for 1.12,
videopars becoming obsolete, but apparently that wasn't ready and reviewed
properly.

If rawvideoparse is intended to replace videoparse, would it be possible to
include something in the documentation indicating which version this
migration took place or the name was changed?  In other words, if
rawvideoparse is now an updated version of videoparse, it would be nice if
the documentation could mention that it was introduced in version X and is
intended to replace videoparse.

It was introduced in -good (-bad is for unstable elements which API may
change, or can be removed in the future, it's our staging area). There
should have been a Since marker in the description.

Any help is appreciated. I've been trying to fix the internals of this
element as it had few regression when compared with videoparse, but never
got to check the doc. I came in after the fact, clearly this was not ready.

Nicolas