Can't get rtpbin to work AT ALL

Stirling Westrup swestrup at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 20:24:46 UTC 2017

I'm working on a design for a video system based on rtp. The plan is to
have an rtp server with database of videos. It will support an .an rtsp
connection that one can use to request videos to play, and clients to play
them on.

All of the chosen clients need to play the exact same video in as close
synchronization as we can manage.

>From my reading it seems like rtpbin should form part of the solution, but
I can't get it to work. So far every single example of an rtpbin use that
I've been able to find, in the documentation, or in help forums, fails to
run. The best that I've been able to achieve is to simply have two
pipelines running, that fail to pass any data between them.

Could someone please give me a pair of pipelines I can start with
gst-launch to pass some sort of video data from one pipeline to the next on
the same machine, and using rtpbin?

Or, if for some reason that isn't possible, could someone explain WHY its
not possible, and what extra functionality is needed?

--
Stirling Westrup
Programmer, Entrepreneur.