Can't get rtpbin to work AT ALL

Stirling Westrup swestrup at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 19:19:09 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 1:51 AM, Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, 2017-07-11 at 16:24 -0400, Stirling Westrup wrote:
> > I'm working on a design for a video system based on rtp. The plan is
> > to have an rtp server with database of videos. It will support an .an
> > rtsp connection that one can use to request videos to play, and
> > clients to play them on.
> >
> > All of the chosen clients need to play the exact same video in as
> > close synchronization as we can manage.
> >
> > From my reading it seems like rtpbin should form part of the
> > solution, but I can't get it to work. So far every single example of
> > an rtpbin use that I've been able to find, in the documentation, or
> > in help forums, fails to run. The best that I've been able to achieve
> > is to simply have two pipelines running, that fail to pass any data
> > between them.
> >
> > Could someone please give me a pair of pipelines I can start with
> > gst-launch to pass some sort of video data from one pipeline to the
> > next on the same machine, and using rtpbin?
> >
> > Or, if for some reason that isn't possible, could someone explain WHY
> > its not possible, and what extra functionality is needed?
>
> Did you try the examples at
>   https://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-good/
> tree/tests/examples/rtp
>
> For example client-PCMA.sh and server-alsasrc-PCMA.sh are about
> the simplest you can do with rtpbin while including RTCP.

Okay, I just tried that one, and it worked.

Today I was trying out gst-rtsp-server/examples/test-netclock and although
I could get it to work, test-netclock-client would die (after emitting a
large number of warnings) with:

 (test-netclock-client:9236): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_mini_object_unref:
assertion 'mini_object != NULL' failed
ERROR: from element
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstRTSPSrc:source/GstUDPSrc:udpsrc0:
Internal data stream error.
Additional debug info:
gstbasesrc.c(2939): gst_base_src_loop ():
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstRTSPSrc:source/GstUDPSrc:udpsrc0:
streaming stopped, reason not-negotiated (-4)

--
Stirling Westrup
Programmer, Entrepreneur.