Building decklink for windows using cerbero

Nirbheek Chauhan nirbheek.chauhan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 08:31:30 UTC 2017

Hello,

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 6:50 PM, Felipe Mogollon
<fmogollon at vicomtech.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to build decklink (Blackmagic) plugin into windows using cerbero
> but I can't get any result.
>
> I am using debian 8.0 as host machine
>
> I have made:
>
> ./cerbero-uninstalled -c config/cross-win64 bootstrap
> ./cerbero-uninstalled -c config/cross-win64 build gst-plugins-bad-1.0
>
> successfully but no libgstdecklink.dll is created.
>
> If I dive into gst-plugins-bad-1.0/sys/decklink folder I can see that there
> is a Makefile that has been generated but It doesn't work.

If you want to compile things manually, you have to build from inside
the cerbero environment:

./cerbero-uninstalled -c config/cross-win64 shell

Then navigate to that location and do whatever you want to.

> I have checked that there were some changes to support decklink windows in
> the last months but I am not able to get it working.
>
> Am I doing something wrong? Is there any step I am not doing ok?

Sorry about that, I tested only the meson build files on Windows since
I was testing the MSVC build. I then decided to also see if it can
work with MinGW and patched it to work that way too. So, in the end,
the Autotools build doesn't have decklink support on Windows.

As a result, the Makefile that is generated won't work for Windows
because it's not using the right sources. Let me cook up a patch for
Autotools.

Cheers,
Nirbheek