Building decklink for windows using cerbero

Felipe Mogollon fmogollon at vicomtech.org
Fri Jul 14 09:48:28 UTC 2017

Hi,

thanks for your aclarations, I have managed to build it using meson as you
said: I explain how I did it just for info:

Prerequisites:

1. Install MinGW
2. Install Perl3
4. Install glib for windows

   1. go to http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win32/dependencies/
   2. download the file pkg-config_0.26-1_win32.zip
   <http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win32/dependencies/pkg-config_0.26-1_win32.zip>
   3. extract the file bin/pkg-config.exe to C:\MinGW\bin
   4. download the file gettext-runtime_0.18.1.1-2_win32.zip
   <http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win32/dependencies/gettext-runtime_0.18.1.1-2_win32.zip>
   5. extract the file bin/intl.dll to C:\MinGW\bin
   6. go to http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win32/glib/2.28
   7. download the file glib_2.28.8-1_win32.zip
   <http://ftp.acc.umu.se/pub/gnome/binaries/win32/glib/2.28/glib_2.28.8-1_win32.zip>
   8. extract the file bin/libglib-2.0-0.dll to C:\MinGW\bin

5.Edit meson.build files to get only decklink build

   * Edit gst-plugins-bad mson.build and remove all subdir('xxx') except
subdir('sys')

   * Edit sys/meson.build and keep only subdir('decklink')

Building :

1. Execute Developer Command Line from Visual Studio 2015
2. Add C:\MinGW\bin and C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\bin to Developer Command Line Path
   set PATH=%PATH%; C:\MinGW\bin;C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\bin
3. Execute meson in your gst-plugins-bad folder:
    python3 C:\your_path_to_meson_0_41\meson.py build --backend vs2015
4. Open the solution created in your build folder in Visual Studio 2015
5 Set Target Machine to win64
   Your Solution->Your project->right
button->properties->Linker->advanced->Target
Machine->MachineX64
6 Build

http://mesonbuild.com/Using-with-Visual-Studio.html
http://blog.nirbheek.in/2016/07/building-and-developing-gstreamer-using.html
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1710922/how-to-
install-pkg-config-in-windows

Felipe

On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 10:31 AM, Nirbheek Chauhan <
nirbheek.chauhan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 6:50 PM, Felipe Mogollon
> <fmogollon at vicomtech.org> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to build decklink (Blackmagic) plugin into windows using
> cerbero
> > but I can't get any result.
> >
> > I am using debian 8.0 as host machine
> >
> > I have made:
> >
> > ./cerbero-uninstalled -c config/cross-win64 bootstrap
> > ./cerbero-uninstalled -c config/cross-win64 build gst-plugins-bad-1.0
> >
> > successfully but no libgstdecklink.dll is created.
> >
> > If I dive into gst-plugins-bad-1.0/sys/decklink folder I can see that
> there
> > is a Makefile that has been generated but It doesn't work.
> >

> If you want to compile things manually, you have to build from inside
> the cerbero environment:
>
> ./cerbero-uninstalled -c config/cross-win64 shell
>
> Then navigate to that location and do whatever you want to.
>
> > I have checked that there were some changes to support decklink windows
> in
> > the last months but I am not able to get it working.
> >
> > Am I doing something wrong? Is there any step I am not doing ok?
> >

> Sorry about that, I tested only the meson build files on Windows since
> I was testing the MSVC build. I then decided to also see if it can
> work with MinGW and patched it to work that way too. So, in the end,
> the Autotools build doesn't have decklink support on Windows.
>
> As a result, the Makefile that is generated won't work for Windows
> because it's not using the right sources. Let me cook up a patch for
> Autotools.
>
> Cheers,
> Nirbheek

Juan Felipe Mogollón Rodríguez
Researcher | Investigador
Digital Media
+[34] 943 30 92 30fmogollon at vicomtech.orgwww.vicomtech.org
Member of IK4 Research Alliance and GraphicsMedia.net
Legal Notice - Privacy policy (http://www.vicomtech.org/en/proteccion-datos)