Can I access to raw RTP stream from a web browser?

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Thu Jul 27 13:59:28 UTC 2017

Le mercredi 26 juillet 2017 à 23:37 -0700, Akon2 a écrit :
> How does WebRTC integrate with modern browsers? Nowadays NPAPI plugins are
> not recommended and might disappear in near time at all (except Flash,
> maybe). I'm thinking WebRTC code is a part of a browser code, so a proper
> testing by the browser developer, for instance, for security issues might be
> expected. Am I right?

WebRTC is part of the browser yes. WebRTC itslef is the API expose in
JavaScript and it's integration with video/audio tags. Under hood, it's
implemented following various RTP standards, it's always encrypted
using DTLS. Most browser base their implementation on the same C++
library, libwebrtc [0]. GStreamer integration has been made, see
OpenWebRTC, Kurento and Janus. Though, it's not supported out-of-the-
box by upstream GStreamer.

regards,
Nicolas