Changing filesrc and filesink location after eos

marc lievens mark.lievens at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 07:19:53 UTC 2017

Hi ,

I want to extract as fast as possible one jpeg from many mkv files.
To avoid overhead of creating every time a new pipeline I want to change
the filesrc and filesink location when EOS is received.

I can change the filesink location, but I can't seems to change the filesrc
location without getting errors.

I already tried to change the pipeline state before to change the location
in combination gst_element_sync_state_with_parent.
Multifilesrc is not an option, due used filenames.

Has anyone any idea what I'm doing wrong, or in what direction I have to
look to solve this issue.

Used gstreamer version is 1.12.1 and pipeline is :
filesrc ! matroskademux ! h264parse ! avdec_h264 ! videorate ! video/x-raw,
framerate=1/1 ! jpegenc ! filesink

Thank already.
Marc