Streaming MPEG-1 video through TCP

Jiaqi Gao gaojiaqi0 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 04:30:17 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I'm trying to streaming an MPEG-1 video through TCP using Gstreamer-0.1,
the following command works perfectly:

gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=video.mpg ! mpegdemux ! ffdec_mpegvideo !
ffmpegcolorspace ! autovideosink

But when I'm trying to stream to another host using TCP, things get
interesting, the following command works occasionally:

gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=video.mpg ! tcpclientsink host=x.x.x.x
port=8000

gst-launch-0.10 tcpserversrc host=x.x.x.x port=8000 ! mpegdemux !
ffdec_mpegvideo ! ffmpegcolorspace ! autovideosink

Sometimes the command can work, sometimes it can't, does any have any
suggestion or other similar command that I can decode mpeg video through
tcp using ffdec_mpegvideo plugin?

Thanks,

Jiaqi