Streaming directly from an IP camera

Jack D jackstuff3 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 22:17:18 UTC 2017

When I successfully record video from the camera using ffmpeg, I use
http://192.168.2.8:80/h264.
And when I performed nmap, I got this:

Starting Nmap 6.40 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2017-06-12 14:16 MST
Nmap scan report for 192.168.2.8
Host is up (0.00034s latency).
Not shown: 998 closed ports
PORT    STATE SERVICE
80/tcp  open  http
554/tcp open  rtsp
MAC Address:  (Unknown)
Device type: general purpose
Running: Linux 2.6.X
OS CPE: cpe:/o:linux:linux_kernel:2.6
OS details: Linux 2.6.9 - 2.6.33
Network Distance: 1 hop

Since the rtsp was port 554, I tried to use port 554 for streaming via
rtsp. But when I use that uri I get the same results, momentary black
window then stop.  But the one error message changes from
Could not receive message. (System error)
Got error response: 500 (Internal Server Error).