Streaming directly from an IP camera

Jack D jackstuff3 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 23:22:29 UTC 2017

Okay, I finally got it to work. My launch line is:
gst-launch-1.0 rtspsrc location=rtsp://192.168.2.8:554/media/video1 !
rtph264depay ! h264parse ! avdec_h264 ! videoconvert ! gtksink

Thank you for your suggestion Fatih Sabri, it really helped.

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 3:17 PM, Jack D <jackstuff3 at gmail.com> wrote:

> When I successfully record video from the camera using ffmpeg, I use
> http://192.168.2.8:80/h264.
> And when I performed nmap, I got this:
>
> Starting Nmap 6.40 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2017-06-12 14:16 MST
> Nmap scan report for 192.168.2.8
> Host is up (0.00034s latency).
> Not shown: 998 closed ports
> PORT    STATE SERVICE
> 80/tcp  open  http
> 554/tcp open  rtsp
> MAC Address:  (Unknown)
> Device type: general purpose
> Running: Linux 2.6.X
> OS CPE: cpe:/o:linux:linux_kernel:2.6
> OS details: Linux 2.6.9 - 2.6.33
> Network Distance: 1 hop
>
> Since the rtsp was port 554, I tried to use port 554 for streaming via
> rtsp. But when I use that uri I get the same results, momentary black
> window then stop.  But the one error message changes from
> Could not receive message. (System error)
> Got error response: 500 (Internal Server Error).
>

> On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 2:18 PM, Fatih Sabri AKTEPE <aktepefs at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> You need to ger cAmera uri, each camera has different uri. You should
>> work on that. These uri just can send request. In order to get stream you
>> need to connect with main stream or substram uri.
>> 14 Haz 2017 Çar, saat 00:15 tarihinde Jack D <jackstuff3 at gmail.com> şunu
>> yazdı:
>>
>>> Greetings,
>>> Is it possible to stream directly from an IP camera?
>>> All of the examples I have been able to find indicate that a
>>> client/server or host/target must be created in order to stream from a
>>> camera.
>>>
>>> I have tried udp, tcp, rtsp without much luck.
>>> Here is an example of one of my attempts, which displayed a black window
>>> for a few moments before it stopped.  Any help or pointing out my errors is
>>> appreciated.
>>>
>>> gst-launch-1.0 rtspsrc location=rtsp://192.168.2.8:554 ! decodebin !
>>> gtksink
>>> Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
>>> Pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL ...
>>> Progress: (open) Opening Stream
>>> Progress: (connect) Connecting to rtsp://192.168.2.8:554
>>> Progress: (open) Retrieving server options