Too many slices, increase MAX_SLICES and recompile

Mike Taylor mtaylor at unicoi.com
Tue Jun 13 22:47:58 UTC 2017

Hi,

Getting error Too many slices, increase MAX_SLICES and recompile when
decoding with gstreamer-1.0

avdec_h264 on Ubuntu 14.04.

I got the sources for gst-libav1.0 using apt-get source gst-libav1.0.  I
edited h264.h to increase MAX_SLICES to 128
to be extra sure that it'd be big enough, and built the library and ran sudo
make install.

But I still got the same error.  So I changed the log message in h264.c and
rebuilt/installed but didn't change
the log message or the error.

I did run ldconfig and rebooted the PC too and rebuilt my application from
clean.

I also did all of the above for libav itself but it didn't help either.

Anybody know what other steps would be necessary?  I guessed that I would
have to rebuild some more
of gstreamer but not sure Ubuntu repo has the required sources.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike