Getting Timestamps From a Resulting Video File With splitmuxsink

Michael MacIntosh mmacintosh at linear-systems.com
Wed Jun 14 01:31:16 UTC 2017

Hey,

Basically what I am trying to do, is I am trying to record to a video
file, and while that is recording, a user can point out a point of
interest in that video, so they can review it later.

I can get the sample and convert it to a jpeg, and that works. Right now
what I am having a hard time doing is getting the point in the output
file that this frame represents.

Both the presentation time stamps and the decoding time stamps seem to
correlate with the running duration of the total stream, but I am
interested in finding it relative to the output file.  So when the
splitmuxsink goes from file00000.mp4 to file00001.mp4, I want timestamps
that would be starting at 0 after we start recording to file00001.mp4.

Currently I am trying to use the signals emitted by splitmuxsink,
"format-location" and "format-location-full" to save the current
pipeline clock time to use as a base.  However for whatever reason,
these signals crash when the callback exits (I might need to file a
ticket on that if I can dig up more on it, I'm running on windows, so I
blame that).

tl;dr: Is there an "easy" way to get what the current duration of the
file it is recording from splitmuxsink?

Cheers,
Michael.

--
This message has been scanned by E.F.A. Project and is believed to be clean.