Does old video-test.c example have some bug?

Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho pimenta at inatel.br
Thu Mar 2 13:02:31 UTC 2017

Hi Mandar Joshi.

Thank you for the reply.

The distro I'm using is:  Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS \n \l

RTSP works fine when WITH_AUTH and WITH_TLS is not defined in test-video.c
Whether  WITH_AUTH and WITH_TLS is defined in test-video.c, then the RTSP
client gets the error: "Could not receive message. (System error)". But that
is ok, since client must use RTSPS, because server wants to use TLS.

The glib-networking gnutls gnutls-bin is already installed.

I have downloaded GStreamer 1.8.1 source code and compiled it on my machine.
After compiling, I have installed it.

According to a text I read somewhere (I don't remember where), before
running client and server, I use to export 3 variables like this:

    export PATH=/home/pimenta/env/gstreamer/COMPILATION_OUTPUT/bin:$PATH
    export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/pimenta/env/gstreamer/COMPILATION_OUTPUT/lib
    export
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/home/pimenta/env/gstreamer/COMPILATION_OUTPUT/lib/pkgconfig

Do you think I should try GStreamer 1.8.1 in another machine?
Or, do you have more hints?

Thank you very much!
Best regards.
Rodrigo.