mp4 by 'mp4mux' plays too fast and is not seekable

ivan-perez ivan at encore-lab.com
Wed Mar 8 07:24:45 UTC 2017

Hi Tim

Yes, I've tried that component as has been suggested to me in another
thread, and it works well. But my requirements have changed since then, and
I can't use 'rpicamsrc' anymore. The reason is that I want to record at
least two simulateneous streams (I want them to be added and removed
dynamically), and as far as I've seen 'rpicamsrc' doesn't allow it - when
there's one instance recording from the camera, the next one fails, because
the camera is in use. I've also tried to 'tee' but I got no results.

The only way I've managed to get that functionality is by using the picamera
library, which is the only one that allows to create more than one stream
from the camera at the same time. My application now creates two different
streams and redirects both of them to two Gstreamer pipes.

Is there a way to correct the stream? How can I find if the problem is
really about the stream not being correctly timestamped?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards