Custom Gstreamer build

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Sat Mar 11 16:12:08 UTC 2017

Le vendredi 10 mars 2017 à 16:54 -0800, EMC a écrit :
> Hello,
> I want to customize gstreamer for a project that I will host
> iinternally.
> I am new to cerbero as well as git, and  a bit lost.  Maybe someone
> here can
> offer advice?
>
> I am building a video player around gstreamer for android_x86.  I am
> able to
> use cerbero to build gstreamer and then put an app around it
> successfully.
> Now, I want to do some custom rendering.  Each time I change a source
> file,
> it overwrites what I did during the subsequent build.  How can I
> change that
> behavior?

Cerbero is not directly a development tool. You give it a tarball or a
git report / branh with some patches maybe and it builds it. For
development, you likely want to use cerbero shell, which give you a
properly setup environment to cross compile using autotool.

> Also, I will need  to create an internally hosted git repository from
> the
> code.  Is there an easy way to do that?  Will I have to change all of
> the
> recipes?

Yes, you have to edits the recipes to point to you fork.

> This seems a common problem, is there a document somewhere to
> describe what
> I am trying to do

All we have for now is the README file and:

https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/deploying/multiplatform
-using-cerbero.html