Error while trying to play MPD file.

sandman90 sanilf1 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 07:51:52 UTC 2017

Hi,
I am trying to build Gstreamer and play a MPD file that is present on my
NGINX server. I have built gstreamer with the following plugins:
1. gst-plugins-bad
2. gst-plugins-base
3. gst-plugins-good
4. gstreamer-vaapi

With the gstreamer-launch-1.0 in my /usr/bin I can play the video:

st-launch-1.0 playbin uri=http://localhost/Timescapes-Movie-720p-2M_dash.mpd
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
noname.xml:8: namespace error : Namespace prefix xlink for href on Period is
not defined
ftware/gstreamer-sdk/data/media/sintel_trailer-480p.webm"
xlink:actuate="onLoad"

^
noname.xml:8: namespace error : Namespace prefix xlink for actuate on Period
is not defined
ftware/gstreamer-sdk/data/media/sintel_trailer-480p.webm"
xlink:actuate="onLoad"

^
libva info: VA-API version 0.39.0
libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/i965_drv_video.so
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_0_39
libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
Got context from element 'vaapidecode': gst.vaapi.Display=context,
gst.vaapi.Display=(GstVaapiDisplay)NULL;
Redistribute latency...
Got context from element 'playsink': gst.vaapi.Display=context,
gst.vaapi.Display=(GstVaapiDisplay)NULL;
Redistribute latency...
Pipeline is PREROLLED ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
However, with gst-launch-1.0 that I have built, I get the following:

gst-launch-1.0 playbin
uri=http://localhost/Timescapes-Movie-720p-2M_dash.mpd
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
ERROR: Pipeline doesn't want to pause.
Missing element: HTTP protocol source
ERROR: from element /GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0: No URI handler
implemented for "http".
Additional debug info:
gsturidecodebin.c(1419): gen_source_element ():
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

please let me know what I am missing.

Thanks.