Build GStreamer for Apple TV / Bitcode

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Mar 21 05:39:47 UTC 2017

On Mon, 2017-03-20 at 21:13 -0700, jml5qh wrote:
> So adding bitcode actually wasn't too bad. We had to modify a bunch of
> compiler flags but were able to get through it.

Great, can you put your changes into Bugzilla for integration?

> However, on Apple TV there are some APIs that are not available. For
> example, fork and execvp(). I am getting the following error in glib. Any
> idea what the best course of action here is? I have seen some other projects
> run into this issue but most already define a macro for HAVE_FORK.

I would add a configure check for these functions, and make the
relevant GLib APIs that are wrapping them just do a g_error() instead.

For GStreamer, the only usage of these APIs should be the plugin
loader, which you can then just disable if fork is not available and
have plugins loaded in-process.